CLICK HERE for a Critter specific application, and email it to email@example.com
Before applying, please look over the details on the position you’re applying for. This year, we’ve got two:
Whatever you’re here for, know that flexibility, ruggedness, and the ability to chill are critical. It’s important to understand that ours is a highly fluid work scene where work and play are constantly intertwined. You may find yourself swinging a hammer one moment, and then wrangling sheep or securing a neighbor’s roof the next. Ideally you will be someone who doesn’t take life too seriously, but knows how to get some serious work done when due.
As a Critter Work Exchanger, the following will be expected of you:
- Work 20-35 hours per week (see description of work below)
- Cook once per week (we’re all sun and fire!)
- Help with odd tasks as they arise (could include childcare, garden work, wrangling livestock, hauling water, helping neighbors, etc.)
- Maintain healthy, active communication
- Be easy going, reliable, hardworking, emotionally honest, passionate about sustainability
And we’ll provide you with the following:
- An engaging social scene that fuses off grid living with cooperation and fun
- A valuable and interesting work experience where you can gain hard skills linked with sustainability
- Food– 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. Meals in town, extra goodies on the side, and alcohol are not covered
- Lodging– In the form of a tent platform. Other lodging may be available but is not included.
- Basic amenities– Outhouse, showers, sinks, coin operated laundry, internet
- Miscellaneous extras– Swimming pond, Dancing Rabbit Common House, library, 280 acres of timber and prairie with trails, common bikes, etc.
We’re eager to see your application!